Big Blocks—The Finale
As you might remember this post a while back. I’m finally getting around to posting the finale of it. The photo from that post was a capture of all the scraps from a 9″x12″ linoleum block I cut of one of my characters. I made a handful of prints from it for x-mas presents. With out further ado, the rest of the photos.
This is the initial block before the hard labor. After printing the graphic out and rubbing the back of it down with a graphite crayon, I took to it with a ballpoint pen for the transfer.
About an hour into it.
A detail shot, close to being finished. I really wasn’t looking forward to cutting the chain of the monocle; it ended up not being that bad.
Done with the easy part, now onto the toil of spreading ink in a even matter. Not to sure the number of hours of cutting but, it was a few.
These are some of the early tests. I was having lots of trouble with my ink. After trying many ratios of linseed oil to ink, I got fed up and just bought some new ink. I guess it was to old, it was aggravating as hell to figure it out that way. From of those, I believe the only one that was saved was the top left print, the rest were scrapped. As soon as I get a photo of a framed version, I’ll throw that up.